This post is about a new, regular, game of MahJongg open to all MWC members on Tuesdays, from 11:30am-3:30pm.
The MWC is so lucky that several years ago a great group of MWC’ers got a regular MahJongg group together – and it did what MahJongg does! It helped start many solid friendships that have stood the test of time. So, now, we want to expand on that theme and have more MWC’ers join in the fun. Whether you’re an experienced Mah Jongg player who has played with other MWC groups previously, or someone who has played before but never quite gotten around to playing with us, or you’re brand new to the MWC OR a new player wanting to learn – COME JOIN US!
We are starting what we hope will be regular Mah Jongg sessions on Tuesdays, from 11:30 am – 3:30pm. We’ve got training wheels on for this new endeavor and there will probably be a few hiccups as we get started. It has taken a great deal of work to figure out how to make this activity available to as many as possible and finding a spot where we could do this as a group. So, knock-on-wood, we are going to do this at the National Arts Club with a few slightly new rules of the road. Here they are:
- Start Date: Tuesday, October 5th – it is planned to continue on subsequent Tuesdays with the possible exception of Tues, Oct 12 as the entire club will be used for a film shoot.
- Location: National Arts Club at 15 Gramercy Park South
- Time: 11:30am-3:30pm
- Cost: $22 per session
- Proof of a Covid vaccination and a corresponding ID will be requested upon entry.
- Masks must be worn in public areas of the club (not while at a game table).
- At this time, we do NOT have multiple MWC MJ sets – but we will in time! Meanwhile, I will bring my set – and would appreciate it if some of you can bring yours – let me know!
- Don’t forget your 2021 MahJongg Cards!
- No lunch will be provided and we are NOT allowed to bring lunch in. In order to keep our costs down we decided to forego lunch – we can revisit this in the future. Have a snack before you arrive or take a break and grab something nearby. Water will be available.
- Online registration and payment for each session must be done, in advance,by the preceding Saturday. CLICK HERE to register!
- The number of tables is somewhat limited and spaces will be allocated in order of registration.
- Table assignments will be made by Karin Sobeck to take into consideration playing levels and personal preferences. Please let Karin (email@example.com) know your playing level, preferences or any other requirements.
This should be a lot of fun and a great group activity. Many of us didn’t know how to play MahJongg a year ago but our very kind, funny and patient MWC’ers are great teachers!
Let’s get this going!