MWC MAH JONG, TOO!: It’s here, it’s here! This post is to announce the formation of the MWC’s second MahJong group. If you’re interested in playing with this new group – consisting of beginner to advanced players – please send in an email to email@example.com (put MahJong, Too in the subject line) to let us know of your interest. At this point, the second group will be playing on Tuesday afternoons (as does the Original MahJong group) – but that may shift depending on any given week’s available venue or the securing of a permanent location. None of this would have been possible without the gracious generosity of Aimee B, Anne D, Jane M and Karin S who helped at every step of the way. Jennifer D has volunteered to handle notifications and sign-ups for this group – the biggest job in getting this going. THANK YOU, Jennifer! So, this group is just getting up and running on its own steam – a good time to join! Please check out the details below:
- MWC Mah Jong,Too! is open only to members of the Manhattan Women’s Club.
- As of this writing, the sessions are scheduled for Tuesdays from 2-5pm.
- We are planning on two – possibly three – tables.
- At this point, we have committed to a (semi-?) permanent venue on the UWS – address will be sent to MWC’ers when they RSVP.
- All attendees will be asked to RSVP via the GMail invitation and RSVP process. Players will be signed up on a first-come-first-served basis in order of RSVP. GMail invitations will be sent out for every session to whomever is on the MWC MahJong,Too! list.
- We are NOT intending to use No-Show Insurance for these sessions. However, if it becomes clear we’re having a problem with people not showing up, we will reconsider. PLEASE: IF YOU RSVP, SHOW UP! (OK to cancel with 24+ hours notice, however.)
Observing the MWC’s Original MahJong group, I’ve come to believe that there’s magic in those MahJong tiles! The group is so solid and welcoming – all the things one wants a MWC group to be. But the real magic lies in the group of women themselves and Aimee, Jane, Karin and Anne. – THANK YOU! Now, let’s see if we can make lightning strike twice – my bet is YES!