Terms and Conditions for Manhattan Women’s Club Membership and Use of Website
Last Modified: August 15, 2016
Welcome to the Manhattan Women’s Club! This document (the “Agreement”) outlines the terms and conditions of both Manhattan Women’s Club (MWC) participation (“membership”) and also the use of the its Website and its Mobile Application (referred to collectively as the “Website”) which is operated by and for the Manhattan Women’s Club, a New York corporation, with its principal office and activities located in New York, NY. The MWC does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or income. The Manhattan Women’s Club will be referred to variously in this document as: “MWC,” “we,” “our,” “or,” and “us”.
- Use: By virtue of using the Website, Mobile Application (on a phone or other mobile electronic device), payment services (TILT, PayPal …etc) and/or paying MWC dues you acknowledge and agree that you have read this Agreement and are at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you are not authorized to participate in the Manhattan Women’s Club nor allowed to use its Website. The MWC reserves the right to modify the Agreement at any time. You agree to review the Agreement periodically to be aware of such modifications and further agree that your continued use of the Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of any modified Agreement. Changes to this Agreement have been made by updating the date indicated after “Last Modified” at the top of this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by any modified version of this Agreement, you are not authorized to participate nor to use the Website or Mobile Application. A current version of the Agreement is accessible via the footer of the Website homepage. The Website is intended to enable visitors to the Website and MWC participants/ members (“you” or “your”) to learn more about our organization, consider membership and participation in its activities, to contribute to and receive information about and from MWC members, to sign up for activities arranged by or through the MWC and/ or derive general information as provided at the discretion of the MWC. While parts of the Website are publicly accessible, certain services and information offered on-line is restricted to MWC members. Through your use of the MWC Website you acknowledge and agree that the MWC is not responsible for any errors, omissions, unauthorized use or out-of-date information and reserves the right to change and/or remove information
- Privacy: The MWC is committed to safeguarding your privacy. The MWC is the sole owner of information collected on the Website site, through its mobile application, and through various email and text communications. We only have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. This information will not be rented or sold to anyone. Neither will we share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via phone, email, text or through the Website to tell you about activities, membership issues, news about the organization or of interest to its members, new services or products or changes to this Privacy P You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Further, by virtue of your access to the Website and information about MWC Members, you agree to not use or disseminate such information without the prior agreement of such individuals.
- Security: The MWC takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit personal information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and the software, software platforms and plug-ins and add-ons used are encrypted. If, however, your personal information is breached, whether by error or negligence, you indemnify the MWC and hold us harmless for any loss or liability resulting from such circumstance.
- Copyright: You are hereby granted a limited, non-exclusive license to reproduce and execute the Website on your computer and on your phone or other mobile electronic device for your personal, non-commercial use only. All content contained on the Website, including but not limited to video, clips, photographs, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software (collectively, “Content”), is the property of the MWC and is protected by U.S. and/or international copyright laws. Members or visitors who submit material to the Website, either directly or through links to other websites agree that the MWC has the permission to use such material on the Website or in other forms for the purpose of disseminating information about the MWC.
- Trademarks: Unless otherwise indicated, all names, graphics, designs, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, commercial markings, trade dress, and service names included in the Website are trademarks of MWC or its licensors or suppliers (collectively, the “Trademarks”) and are protected by the trademark laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, distribute, modify or post any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials on the Website, without our prior written consent. The Trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
- Links: MWC and/or third parties may provide links to other websites of possible interest to you. Because we have no control over such websites, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, services, products, or other materials on or available from such websites. You also acknowledge and agree that MWC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, advertising, services, products, or other materials on or available from such websites. All such websites shall be subject to the policies and procedures of the owner of such websites.
- Disclaimer: You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the MWC is at your sole risk and you indemnify the MWC, its subcontractors and its participants / members for any damage, harm, loss or liability incurred by you as a result of your participation. You further acknowledge and agree that your use of the MWC website is at your sole risk and that the MWC does not make any representation or warranty (i) as to the accuracy, correctness, completeness or usefulness of any content appearing on the website and is not responsible for any errors or omissions in any content appearing on the website, or (ii) generally for the accuracy, reliability, or quality of any content appearing on the website. The MWC is not responsible for any failures, delays or interruptions of the website or any viruses or other harmful computer code that may be transmitted from the website to your computer. The website is provided to you “as is” and MWC makes no representation or warranty of any kind to you, either express or implied. Specifically, MWC disclaims any implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event shall the MWC be liable for indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, arising out of or in connection with your participation in the MWC or the use of the website, including without limitation for personal liability, lost profits or business, or anticipated lost profits or business. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold MWC harmless from any claim, expense or demand, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Commercial Use: You acknowledge and agree that the Website may not be used by you directly or indirectly in connection with any commercial endeavors except in areas of the site designated for such and with the permission of the MWC.
- Updates: Our policies and terms of this Agreement may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page.
- Governing Law: You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York State.
- General: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement may be automatically assigned by MWC, in its sole discretion, to a third party. Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement, along with any other terms and conditions regulating participation in the Manhattan Women’s Club and the use of its Website, sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this Agreement and any ancillary terms and conditions will survive termination or expiration to the extent necessary to carry out the intentions of the parties.
- Contact Us: If you have any questions about this Agreement, our practices related to the Website, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database, please feel contact us at: Manhattan Women’s Club, (646) 780-9368,, firstname.lastname@example.org.