WANT TO LEARN MAH JONGG?: MWC’s Mah Jongg, Too! is off to a fun, rollicking start. And, thanks to the expertise and generosity of Susanne S-W, we are able to offer some instruction to a limited number of MWC’ers who want to learn this fun game. If you’ve been thinking of doing this but missed our open play sessions last January, this is an opportunity for you. The intent is to offer an hour’s worth of instruction before several sessions of our regularly scheduled play. If you’re a brand new MahJongg’er and are interested in some hands-on learning to get yourself started – please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (put “MWC MahJongg – Instruction” in the subject line) to let us know of your interest. There will be limited capacity for this opportunity and we will assign seats on a First-Come-First-Served basis.
Please see below for some of the “rules” we’re using for MahJongg, Too! in case you think you eventually want to join that group.
- MWC Mah Jong,Too! is open only to members of the Manhattan Women’s Club.
- As of this writing, the sessions are scheduled for Tuesdays from 2-5pm. This is subject to change.
- We are planning on three tables – possibly more.
- At this point, we have committed to a (semi-?) permanent venue on the UWS – address will be sent to MWC’ers when they RSVP. You will be asked for a $5 donation every time we play in that location.
- All attendees will be asked to RSVP via the GMail invitation and RSVP process. Players will be signed up on a first-come-first-served basis in order of RSVP. GMail invitations will be sent out for every session to whomever is on the MWC MahJong,Too! list.
- We are NOT intending to use No-Show Insurance for these sessions. However, if it becomes clear we’re having a problem with people not showing up, we will reconsider. PLEASE: IF YOU RSVP, SHOW UP! (OK to cancel with 24+ hours notice, however.)
Observing the MWC’s Original MahJong group, it’s clear that there’s magic in those MahJong tiles! The group is so solid and welcoming – all the things one wants a MWC group to be. But the real magic lies in the group of women themselves and Aimee, Jane, Karin and Anne. – THANK YOU! Now, let’s see if we can make lightning strike twice – my bet is YES!